Project Manager- Architecture- Education
SAN JOSE & SACRAMENTO
Our client is a large architecture firm with multiple locations. They are looking for an Education Project Manager to work in either their San Jose or Sacramento office.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all phases of a medium to large size project through construction. Has primary responsibility for budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, specification, and working drawings on a given project. Resolves architectural problems. Has client contact and authority to direct, control, and monitor all project activities.
Education: Architectural degree from an accredited university or equivalent demonstrated proficiency.
Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years experience in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural practice and in management of small projects desired. Has OSHPD experience.
Communication and Collaboration
• Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
• Asks questions about assignments when unclear.
• Coordinate with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies.
• Ability to apprise supervisor and client for status of work.
• Establish productive working relationships, and deal effectively and cooperatively with clients, team members, consultants, and government agencies.
• Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
• Resolve issues related to team members and consultants.
• Collaborate with appropriate staff to meet goals and objectives of project.
• Coach, mentor, and provide performance-enhancing feedback of assigned team members.
Supervision and Delegation
• Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
• Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
• Support senior project manager and/or PIC in supervision and delegation of work.
• Be primary source for monitoring employee performance on a daily basis and take appropriate action to report both positive and negative performance.
• Assist and/or prepare evaluations and meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluation.
• Supervise and manage up to six team members for all phases of projects.
• Write meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence for self-managed projects.
• Ability to correspond effectively with agencies, consultants, and clients.
• Assist in review of agreements with clients and consultants.
• Write RFP’S and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants.
• Ability to write and edit specifications.
• Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients and consultants.
• Have primary role in marketing interviews and writing marketing proposals.
• Maintain primary contact with client and have excellent follow-through with client to help get repeat work.
• Write and develop project marketing interview materials. Participate in project marketing interview.
• Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
• Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
• Estimate hours for assigned tasks and finish tasks within agreed upon budget hours for the task.
• Meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluations.
• Manage projects, budgets, staffing, and coordinate billing.
• Prepare and manage work plans, schedules, budgets, staffing projections, and fees for large projects, and coordinate billing.
• Collaborate with design and production staff, construction administrator, and consultants.
• Work to keep projects within cost-saving measures; contribute to profits and revenues, and use resources effectively.
• Understand contractual liabilities as they relate to projects including fee calculations,
• Monitor and assist their supervisor in the collection of aged accounts payable for the projects.
• Prepare plans of action with their supervisor for resolving project related problems.
• Ensure that project conforms to contractual agreement with client, meeting all set budgets, goals, and work assignments for their project team that clearly defines project expectations.
• Participate in office design charrettes.
• Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
• Integrate design principles with project design team and maintain design integrity through all phases.
• Promote design quality and design collaboration.
• Collaborate with project design team for programming, planning, and feasibility analysis.
• Coordinate with government agencies, utility companies, and resolve plan check and approval issues with the agencies.
• Review documents to ensure quality, coordination, and compliance with the requirements of deliverables in all phases.
• Guide and direct project team and consultants for appropriate materials and systems.
• Review documents for code compliance in all phases and issue code interpretations.
• Review cost estimates and conduct value analysis.
• Review and approve changes in collaboration with the project design team and client.
• Supervise and resolve issues in preparation of construction documents.
• Demonstrate capabilities of Construction Administrator.
• Responsible for the completeness of the specifications.