PROJECT DESIGNER-INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in the High-end Residential architecture and design industry. The Designer will work under the Principal, Director and Senior Designer and will be an active participant in all aspects of the design process – from schematic design to construction documentation and construction management. The Designer will be expected to work on the visual presentation of the concept and communicate the Principal Designer’s objectives orally and visually.
· Research and analysis: Research and analysis of the client's goals and requirements; development of documents, drawings and diagrams that outline those needs. Ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects.
· Planning: Formulate preliminary space plans and two- and three-dimensional design concept studies and sketches that integrate the client's needs and are based on knowledge of the principles of interior design and theories of human behavior.
· Oversee: Oversee the implementation of interior design solutions for each project from concept stage through installation.
· Confirmation: Confirm that preliminary space plans and design concepts are safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate, and meet all public health, safety and welfare requirements.
· Selection: Select colors, materials and finishes to appropriately convey the design concept, functional, life-cycle performance, environmental, and safety requirement.
· Specifications and Schedules: Prepare specifications and schedules with accurate product information for all furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting and finishes.
· Construction Documents: Prepare construction documents, consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, to illustrate non-structural and/or non-seismic partition layouts; power and communications locations; reflected ceiling plans and lighting designs; materials and finishes; and furniture layouts. Ability to field measure and document building condition.
· Regulations: Preparation of construction documents to adhere to regional building and fire codes, municipal codes, and any other jurisdictional statutes, regulations and guidelines applicable to the interior space.
· Coordination: Coordination and collaboration with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects; structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, and various specialty consultants.
· Observation and Reporting: Observation and reporting on the implementation of projects and punch list items while in progress and upon completion, as a representative of and on behalf of the client.
· Administration: Prepare project proposals, costs, and fee analysis; review project billing.
-Minimum of 3 years CAD drafting experience.
-Minimum 3 years working on high-end residential and commercial projects.
-Excellent presentation skills and proficiency in AutoCAD are a must.
-Excellent organizational and communication skills.
-Experience in designing custom cabinetry and millwork, including design details is essential.
-Experience selecting and specifying lighting, furnishings, hardware, floor/window coverings, materials, and finishes.
-Ability to interact effectively with the design team on multiple projects.
-Knowledge of SketchUp, Photoshop is desirable.
-Knowledge of Revit is a plus.
-Knowledge of trade resources and vendors a plus.
-Degree in Interior Design or Architectural Design with emphasis in CAD drafting is REQUIRED.