High-end Interior Designer
One of our most prestigious Interior Design firms in San Francisco is looking for a talented Interior Designer. This is either a direct-hire or temp-to-hire opportunity depending on the candidate's qualifications. They are ideally looking for a talented candidate who is capable of designing, interfacing with clients, and perform the following tasks as need be:
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY:
Provide support to a Senior Project Manager and Design team in producing detail drawings,
layout plans, elevations, and renderings for design projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform redline changes and revisions, as directed.
2. Assist in streamlining of the architectural design process from conceptual design
through overall completion of projects.
3. Participate in the review of product or shop drawing submittals during the
4. Scan, copy, print and transmit original working drawings of current projects.
5. Organize and maintain project files.
6. Support Senior Project Manager in the preparation of interior architectural package
documentation (i.e. plans specifications, details, custom furniture drawings,
elevations, furniture plan layouts, blocking, lighting plans, plan specifications and
7. Continuous updating, filing, and verifying Standard books are in correct order with all standards in place.
8. Reveal and respond to RFI's and submittals.
9. Create and maintain project architectural schedules.
10. Assist in stone/tile shopping and layouts.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide general support to Principal, Design Principal, and Design Team on executing special assignments.
• Degree in Architecture/Interior Architectural Design
• 3 to 5 years'experience in architecture office setting
• Proficiency in Drafting, Auto-Cad, and Excel
• Sketchup and Photoshop
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge with plumbing, lighting, appliance, tile, stone, vendors and specifications
• Understanding of construction documents and architectural/millwork detailing
• Ability to assemble, review, and produce full construction document specification
packages with direction from Senior Project Manager
• Familiarity coordinating with general contractors, architects, lighting designers,
• Team player works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
• Prior experience working in an interior design firm
• An understanding of high-end Residential construction and design.
Local candidates need only apply.